-
We were saying (as I percieved it) that the idea of what was in the case was just a plot dvice to give the characters somthing to interact with. Im sorry I may have sounded like I was saying "Hey there's a DeRN MacGuffin over there...LETS CATCH IT!" http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
Later,
J16mm
[This message has been edited by johnny16mm (edited March 16, 2000).]
-
You had a drink with Tarantino and all you could think to ask was what was in the briefcase...You didn't annoint him in oils and kiss his feet...SHAME ON YOU! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif Well at least you got a question out. I saw him in LA and all I could do was say "uh, hm, I..., UM, .....Hi." http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/confused.gif
------------------------------------
Later
J16mm
now Y2K compliant
[This message has been edited by johnny16mm (edited March 16, 2000).]
-
Who? Oh Quentin, yeah I met him at a party once in Basingstoke, he asked me if it was possible for a man to swallow an antique watch and survive, I told him to piss off, stop hassling me, and shove it up his arse....shame that....
-
Yah... I met up with QT once... and all I did was stare at him in awe...
Your full of bullshit...
-
Well actually. Craig, I didn't want to brag, but some time ago I was having breakfast in McDonalds on the Kilburn High Road, when who walks over but Quentin carrying a briefcase. He asks me "What are you eating?" And I replied with a mouth full of McMuffins: "McGuffins", and QT replies "Isn't that a plot device? Hey, you know what? I think I'll use that in my next movie." And as you see,the rest is history....
-
LoL...gotta love them Ham & Cheese MacGuffins!
-
I always thought QT looked more like a Bacon and Egg Mcmuffin type of guy? Guess I was wrong...
Anyways, I called QT last night at home and he said that the briefcase was just a figment of our imaginations... but if he was to put a briefcase in a film, he would fill it with all of the golden tickets (from Charlie and the Choc. Factory) that Mr. Wallace's soul happened to steal from poor little Charlie's lifeless body. You see Mr. Wonka's elevator crashed into the moon while Vince was on the can. Wallace saw this, flew up to the moon (he is a the devil... the devil can do anything!) and took them.
Poor Charlie.. When will he even win?
Keep on smilin' and replyin'!
Thanks.
-
well I went over to QT's house last night and let myself in the front door. He was sitting there watching Godards "A Band of Outsiders" seeing what he could rip off from it and told me to make myself at home. After he hooked me up with Baked Ziti and some Diet Pepsi I asked about the briefcase. He said Hitchcock had called him up at the videostore one day and said to use a Briefcase full of nothing in his second film. Obviously Hitchcock thought it would lead to a buncha film nerds on a message board debating it for 40 posts. Boy was Hitchcock WAY OFF BASE.?
Later,
J16MM
(no one take offense to the nerd comment. Just couldn't think of anything else to call us?)
-
Do you know what they call a MacGuffin with Cheese in France? A Royal MacGuffin with Cheese.
-
Once I get done making all my dragon and demon movies, I want to make a film like Pulp Fiction. It was a big confusing run around backwards film, really about nothing. But it held the audience. Kinda cool. I can only watch Spawn once, but I can watch Pulp Fiction 1000 times and never get tired of it. Oh and who ever said it was his soul, that was a good thought, I was wondering when the suitcase said 666 on it. It does make sense. I like films like that, that live you thinking, and trying to figure out this and that for weeks after you see it.
------------------
I am the last one.... Draco, DragonHeart